Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 8 months ago

Why do claimed Christians celebrate birthdays when Christ Jesus birth is greater?

Jesus was born a Perfect Human, so why would people born imperfect put their birth ahead of his by celebrating it?

Isn’t that selfish and greedy? Saying you deserve gifts every year for being born imperfect? Did not Christ make the ultimate sacrifice, not any imperfect human being. 

Why do humans glorify themselves every year and many not give glory to God the Creator through his son Jesus??

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago
    Favourite answer

So very true, true Christians are humble and dont raise themselves above others not even for one day,

• 8 months ago

Very good question! If you can find Jesus' birth date in the Bible you are doing good. If you find that any of God's people ever celebrated their birthdays in the Bible please put it on facebook for all to see. As far as I have learned from reading and studying the Bible, there were just TWO birthday celebrations. Here they are and what happened at both.---Genesis 4:20-22 and Matthew 14:6-11--After learning of these TWO birthday celebrations, how do you think Jesus feels at what the world calls his birthday, December 25? I invite you to learn more about what the Bible really teaches from the international website, jw.org and Bible Teachings > Online Lessons. Thank you so, so much for this question.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

God, you jehovah's witnesses are a miserable lot.

Your cult leaders demand to be glorified and are the greediest pigs, always begging for more money.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

I find nowhere in the Bible where it is a sin to celebrate the gift of life of someone. It is a thankfulness to God for all life.

"Jesus was born a Perfect Human, so why would people born imperfect put their birth ahead of his by celebrating it?"

If that person is putting their respective birthday as greater than Jesus Christ, yes, that would be idolatry, but to generalize that all Christians do that is a false generalization.

"Isn’t that selfish and greedy?"

No necessarily. Depends on the person's heart attitude.

"Saying you deserve gifts every year for being born imperfect?"

If someone is saying that, then yes, it is the completely wrong focus. But again that is a bad generalization to say that all Christians do that.

"Did not Christ make the ultimate sacrifice, not any imperfect human being."

Absolutely, and I don't know any Christian that claims He did not.

"Why do humans glorify themselves every year and many not give glory to God the Creator through his son Jesus??"

Why do you claim to know the hearts of man when only God knows that?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • viola
    Lv 4
    8 months ago

Because Jesus never celebrated his birthday and we are suppose to follow him and do what he did. Actually there are only two birthdays mentioned in the Bible and they were both pagans.

• 8 months ago

I agree. After 12, birthdays shouldn’t be a big deal anymore.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Very honest and true, especially if one truly believes in Jesus.

Celebrating birthdays is a choice not a necessity or a command from God.

One should be thankful of life every day they are alive, not just when born or once a year.

Birthdays are a manmade selfish tradition that many are stubborn to admit. More lies to instill in innocent children along with Santa and the Easter Bunny laying eggs.

Adults claim they want to raise honest children, but look at what they are doing to them. Any lie small or big is a Lie....not a game 

You wonder why this World is so dishonest, it’s responsible for it’s own downfall.

• 8 months ago

That might b his b day after all. 🎅💕🎁🎁

• 8 months ago

"Perfect Human". No such thing. Never was, never will be.

And I do not celebrate the anniversary of my birth.

• 8 months ago

We celebrate a year of life.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.