Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 8 months ago

Do you ever steal money from the collection tray at church to give to the less fortunate?

That money is not going to the homeless or the people who need help.  It is going to help pay for church expenses.  If Christians truly cared about the homeless they could open up these massive churches to the homeless when the church services are not in session.  

And then, the churches would soon, look and smell like "hell"!

Source(s): www.askmeaboutgod.org

Explain exactly how a church could function without money, genius.  And, while you're at it, explain how a clergyman could live without a salary.  

You're in the same category as what's-her-name there, with her obsession about money that isn't hers.

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian
  • Jea

When you donate to a church, you are not helping anybody but a crooked preacher.  They claim to help the poor, but their money comes from the poor, and pays for lavish lifestyles of preachers, and ornate buildings used to con more money from poor people.

Don't take money from that plate, but never put a dim in it either.  If you wish to help the poor, do something that helps them.  Giving cash to a church doesn't help the poor.

I don't steal and I don't go to any church, temple or whatever. But I do help some homeless people, especially in the winter when it's super harsh for them. Cup of hot coffee, some soup. Small price to pay, it makes me feel good and it is appreciated.

there is never a collection plate passed at a Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses, there are donation boxes for those who want to give

You're not really stealing from the church, you're stealing from the people that wanted to give to the church. 

"Do you ever steal money from the collection tray at church to give to the less fortunate?"

No, of course not. Theft is still theft, no matter the intention.

"That money is not going to the homeless or the people who need help."

And you know this about every church how?

"It is going to help pay for church expenses."

Some of it does and that is not hidden from the congregation.

"If Christians truly cared about the homeless they could open up these massive churches to the homeless when the church services are not in session. "

You are speaking out of ignorance, because I know churches that do exactly that.

• David

If you want to give money to the homeless, give YOUR OWN money to the homeless. "Thou shalt not steal".

Not me, I have never been to a church.

Wow, what a pillar of morality you are Mike. Tell us exactly what you are doing for the poor besides telling others what they should be doing?

Update; Bob, I don't know who you have been associating with but the Bible teaches something entirely different. In Matthew Chapter 6 it says:

2 So when you give to the needy, do not sound a trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by men. Truly I tell you, they already have their full reward. 3 But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.… For this very reason, I will usually let the insults and implications pass rather than try to use anything that I have done as a defense against such inflammatory accusations. Of course, a person such as yourself will always take such behavior as a weakness rather than ever acknowledge it for what it really is.