Guy suddenly blocked me ?

A new guy started work 4 weeks ago, does 2 days a week. Last week I was working and he came up next to me and asked me about what type of music I liked.

I mentioned the bands I like and asked him what he liked. We both like a lot of different bands and rock music.

The day after he was talking to me again about music. He told me to get Spotify and said he would make some playlists and send them to me, I in return told him about a record store that might have music he liked.

I thought it would be a good way to discover new music so I downloaded it.

I saw him him today at work and he asked if I got the app which I did so I gave him my phoneand he connected me to his facebook and playlists.

I don’t know how to use the app well so I went on my break and tried adding my own songs and playlists, later on I went to his profile to add some of his playlists like he said to.

There were some bands there that I liked so I clicked the like button. I went to add some more of his bands to my playlists later tonight and found that he completely blocked me.

He was the one who told me to get the app, he was the one who connected me to his profile, he was the one who told me to add his playlists to discover new music, so I did.

Wtf?, I feel so awkward now like maybe it was all just some weird prank.

I’m female he is male and we are both in our 20’s.

Why did he block me?

• Edna

Ask him about why he blocked you. Maybe he didn't intentionally block you. It's possible he doesn't even KNOW you're blocked. Do you know how easy it is to block someone on social media? All you have to do is hit the wrong key next to their name.

Perhaps he saw it an invasion of his privacy the way you were going through all his favourite music. I wouldn't be comfortable with that either.

For us music lovers our taste in music is private.  I know he was the one who suggested it but he could have simply regretted it when suddenly felt uncomfortable. I think you've unknowingly stepped over some boundaries and you need to now just back off him online and stay away from all his social media and spotify. 

Maybe it was a mistake. Why not tell him all you told us. If it wasn't a mistake, then move on. If it was, then you and he can continue to be friends who enjoy music together. 

just block him back

Best thing is to confront him. Not aggressively. Just tell him what you've told us. He invited you to add his playlists so when you tried to you couldn't do it. What's gone wrong? Then he will have to either tell you he's blocked you and why......maybe he meant one playlist and you took 6?.....or there's some sort of glitch which he can sort out for you. You've only known him 4 weeks at work so that's 8 days in all so it's not a big deal is it. You don't actually know him. Perhaps he's a weirdo.....or perhaps it's just a big mistake. The only way to find out is to query what's happened with him.

He might've got jealous of something and thought you weren't interested in him and just blocked you because it was too painful.

I would honestly ask him about it, maybe it was a mistake. Just casually say oh weird it says you blocked me? see what he says. Or you could just leave it alone and not mention it and carry on.

Probably just a mistake or bug with the app, why dont you just ask him next time you see him