y cat keeps peeing on the same spot. How do I stop it?

Okay so first off, my cat does use the bathroom sink to pee in. He does that whenever he needs to pee but my problem is he pees on another spot.

That other spot happens to be a bed. He doesn't always do this of course as like I mentioned before, he uses the sink most of the time. When he does, however, he keeps peeing in the very same spot he had peed on before even when its cleaned and even when new, clean bed covers are already put in place. It's become a problem as I don't know how to prevent it from happening and I don't know when he'd do it again.

Can anyone explain why my cat decides to do this? What might be so special about that one spot? Also how do I stop him from doing this or at least convince him to do that elsewhere if it's a certain cat behavior?

Please help and thank you.

Your kitty is trying to talk to you, but you won't listen. Do you have another animal? Kitty's like clean sand boxes. That means, you clean it out every day & dump the sand weekly.

Your kitty has stress. You figure it out.

• Maxi

Cats pee in other than the litter tray if they have a UTI  or are anxious...so first a vet check up, make sure you have a clean litter tray in a place he will use it and close the bedroom door and provide the cat with a climbing frame/toys if it is anxiety and not a UTI.....

Male cats are territorial, and they mark the boundary of their territory with urine. Other male cats can tell that the territory has been occupied when they smell the urine. Females in heat know that there is a potential mate nearby when they smell the urine. You can remove the urine using a product known as Nature's Miracle. Dogs have a similar habit. They will raise their legs and spray to mark their territories.