Am I being paranoid for no reason?

There was a delivery person who rang our door bell last week or so claiming to deliver a parcel. I told him, I didn't order anything and he didn't say it was for the neighbours or anything to hang on to. I thought nothing of it at the time. Now today, another person claiming to be from what looked like a so called energy company said we had an appointment. I was confused because my parents didn't tell me anything about it. So, I knew something was up. Furthermore, he showed me a piece of paper which has our house address on it but the wrong name for the resident. This was when I thought something is not right. I never opened the door for him. I just saw it through the glass panel of the front door. I immediately called my mom after he left and she said she'll inform my dad about it. Now I am a bit paranoid because how can someone ring your door bell and have your house address claiming they are from an energy company but an incorrect resident name? He didn't harass me or anything, I just found that odd. What gives? Am I overthinking it or could he be a scammer, which I think he is or worse a burglar in disguise? Thoughts would be appreciated

It's impossible to say if someone is attempting to scam you (or worse). Two delivery people in the course of a couple weeks showing up when nothing was ordered and you were home alone is a bit suspicious Just keep doing what you are doing, don't open the door unless you know something was  ordered. 

You do not "knew" a damn thing. So instead of coming here did you call that energy company and find out if they made a mistake in address?

Was the delivery person in a Fedex or UPS truck? 

You are absolutely paranoid.

Here's an idea - don't answer the door.  Yes, you're being "paranoid."

• Maxi

Sounds like someone is using your address to order parcels and book appointments

• BB

Better to be safe than sorry.  There are a lot of crazies out there.

• shroud

it happens a lot a person calls for service, the company checks their records for the address and get it wrong for reasons like he used to live there but never told them he moved, the street name it very close to another street name like oak drive/oak lane/oak ave, 

I've lived in my house over 10 years and still get mail for the previous owner sometimes

• TB12

A phone call to the energy company will tell you if the guy is legit or not.

Eventually the real world will slap you across the face, and you'll realize you were just making yourself your own worst enemy all this time.