Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceRenting & Real Estate · 2 months ago

What don’t you have to pay for when renting an apartment as opposed to owning a house?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

owning a house you have to pay

House tax & property tax

Water Bill

Electric & Gas bill 

if house isn't paid off of course you would have to pay for the house making house payments.

owning a apartment 

you pay the rent

Sometimes rental houses may include electric and water together with the rent bill, sometimes they separate it.

• 2 months ago

Real estate taxes, most maintenance costs

• 2 months ago

Heat water hydro lawn mowing gas bills.

• 2 months ago

You do not pay property taxes or insurance. You do not pay for maintenance.  Some of the utilities are often included. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Property taxes, maintenance, yard work.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Mortgage, property tax, homeowner's insurance, repairs, remodeling, perhaps some utilities, realtor commissions to get rid of the property.

In reality, you pay all those things even if you're renting - it's just that they're not itemized out into separate bills.   All these things are rolled into one payment called "rent".   

A 30 year fixed rate mortgage payment (principal and interest) never increases, however rent over 30 years goes up. 

• LILL
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Mortgage, property taxes, homeowners insurance, maintenance and some utilities.

• 2 months ago

Structural repairs

Buildings insurance

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

My apartment had no gas, my house does. Water & sewer was included.Property taxes too.

I did have to buy a fridge for the house. Wish I would have bought a lot sooner.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Property tax, appliance repairs    

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.