My 1990 Jaguar XJ6 (XJ40) wasn't starting this morning. What is wrong with it?

I bought it from an auction place a 3-4 months ago and at first it started fine. Just seemed to need a new battery.

It started to have difficulty starting. Turns over, but just doesn't start. So I been having to use starter fluid to get it to run and have been trying to fix it ever sense.

This morning it wouldn't even start with starter fluid and so I couldn't get it running.

New parts I replaced on it so far: fuel pump, fuel filter, fuel filter to fuel feed line, spark plugs, battery, valve cover gasket, coolant temperature sensor + pigtail connector, battery, spark plugs, vacuum connector for one of the vacuum lines, oil filter/oil change, fuses.

Also found out that this type of model Jaguar doesn't have a cold start valve nor a fuel check valve on it.

The only thing I did to it this morning before trying to start it up was disconnect and ducktape a small crack at the end of the breather hose. I put it back on before trying to get it started.

Also added more fuel to it, still didn't start.

You are "throwing parts" without doing any testing.  Get a spark tester and check for spark.  Get a fuel pressure gauge and check fuel pressure.  Get a listening tool and check if the injectors are firing. Get a noid light and check if the injectors are getting command to fire.  Find out how to read the codes on this vehicle and see if there are any trouble codes.  Disable ignition and fuel and listen to the cranking and check if the engine is healthy or the starter is just bad.

Since it will not start with starter fluid, it is very likely there is an ignition problem due to a bad distributor/ignition coil and/or igniter.

Jaguars are known for eating ECUs.  You might have a bad one.  Good luck.

That's how Jaguars are. Look good, though.

Trade it in for a Toyota. Problems solved.

Can I be your parts supplier? Please, please, please.?? LO:L Does it crank? Try moving the belt by hand. Won't move, will it? Time to dig a deep hole & bury it.  It's dead.

Hate to say "told you saw" but 3 months ago you asked if it was a good idea to buy that thing . . . . and got 8+ warnings that they are trouble.

And now, this is the 30TH QUESTION in which you've reported continuing problems.

You are obviously in over your head . . . . either sell it, or take it to a Jag dealer and have it sorted out.  Either way, you're gonna take a heavy loss - but no one here can fix it by remote control.