Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

Should I be doing this?

I know this might seam weird but let me explain. (Btw I am male teen)

So big surprise my Mom has her ears pierced, and wears earrings pretty much everyday. When I was 6 or so I asked her if I could put her hoop earrings in for her, and ever since then I have been putting in my moms earrings for her and now I am a teen is this weird.

Freud might have all kinds of things to say about you "penetrating" your mother in this way. But the process of putting in pierced earrings is a little bit surgical so maybe you just have an interest in quasi medical things and should be pursuing life as a phlebotomist or something like that.

it does sound kind of weird to be honest

• ?

If you and your mother don't mind, no-- it isn't weird.

• zeno

On a scale of normal 0 to weird 1000 it's

A 5 or 10. Nothing to worry about.

• Linda

I like unusual questions so I'll give you my honest opinion. I have my ears pierced too and so do a lot of women. So as a kid you wanted to put in your mom's earrings for? Curiosity? Ok...that is pretty odd. But if you are doing that still as a teenager that is very weird and actually creepy. I think you should stop doing this because it is weird for you to do so but even weirder that your mom would request you to put them in unless she has some dexterity issue or she can't see well. What will happen when you leave home? You can't put them in then?