Anonymous

If your coworkers are isolating you due to plenty of reasons, would you think of resigning from your work?

It does not happen to me (yet) but I am wondering how you will handle this kind of situation.

Example is due to your low performances or your personality is unlikeable for them. Any kinds of reasons that will make them be distant from you or have bad impression about you.

• Judith
    Favorite Answer

I had a career - not just a job; there's a difference.  So I would have ignored it.  Besides, we were so busy at work the only time we had to chat with each other was breaks and lunch time - I'd read a book if no one included me in their group.

I'm not saying that it wouldn't have bothered me because it would have been very hurtful - but that is how I would handle it if I were unable to resolve whatever the problem was.

Just do your best in whatever work you are doing. Being isolated is not that bad, you get more work done (less chitchat at work). Just enjoy your work and ignore those who are ignoring you.

• H

I'm used to being isolated so it wouldn't make a difference. 

• Katie

No - speaking to no one at work AND not being interrupted in my work load is BLISS.