Are there any benefits to getting honors in University?

Aside from a higher gpa, are their any benefits or common awards for getting a b honors in university? I'm accustomed to getting a b in high school, and I've managed to keep that up so far in college (currently a second year). I know a c is passing but I never got a c in high school so I'm not use to that idea. If I manage to keep a b in college, are there any awards for that or do these kinds of things go unrecognized. I've received awards for keeping my GPA up, tho nothing in particular concerning letter grade so I was wondering if there's any end goal? (Ex. In high school a guy never missed a day of school since kindergarten and they honored him. Had a lot of us known this, maybe a few more of us should have tried to keep a perfect record, and right now I don't know of any benefits to my letter grades on their own)

• MS

Students with high GPAs are recognized at graduation as graduating *** laude, magna *** laude, or summa *** laude.  The minimum GPA needed for each recognition varies - at my school it is 3.85 for summa, 3.6 for magna, and 3.3 for *** laude. Recognition of this is usually noted in the program and also with some cords.

There are "honors" programs at many universities.  This requires that you take a number of honors courses and also sometimes complete a particular honors project.  Completion of that program will be recognized at graduation usually with honor cords and a notation in a program.  

These types of honors can go on your resume or your graduate school applications.

First off, that perfect attendance crap should NEVER be honored. It simply encourages students to come to school when they are sick and get everyone else sick. I think if you make it through school with never being sick that is reward enough, you don't need some stupid plaque. 

Anyway, in college, many places (at least in the US) have an "honors programs" which give you access to some special things (each school is different, but things like early registration, special honors courses, etc). 

Other than, that if your GPA is high enough you can get on the Dean's list and graduate with honors or something similar. You can check you university for requirements.

If you are in Honors courses, and you get an Honors degree, you will get to wear an honors cord at graduation and it will be on your resume. It tells prospective employers that you were a hard worker and a fast learner. However, most honors students do better than a 3.0 GPA. 

• Brian

If you GPA is at least a 3.0 or above, you will be able to move on to graduate courses.