Are there less dealerships for locomotives than there are for heavy semi-trailer trucks?

a) yes

b) no

When you answer, can you give me an explanation?

• Edna

Yes - there are certainly less dealerships for locomotives than there are for heavy semi-trailer trucks. In fact, there are NO dealerships that sell locomotives - when's the last time you ever saw one?  A locomotive is a TRAIN!!

Locomotives and their engines are built by the very few companies that manufacture those engines and boxcars. YEARS can go by before another one has to be built. 

Many toy stores deal in locomotives and trucks. Now I haven't inventoried all the toy stores, but I am sure it is pretty close. Depending on what scale you are looking for.

• Scott

Just this morning on my way to the office I passed by the Trainplex, where all the locomotive manufacturers have showrooms and service departments. There's a dozen or so of them. One of these days, I'm going to stop in for a test ride.

Heck no. ANY town worth more than a nickle has several locomotive dealerships. Just last week I went down and checked out locomotives in the dealership showroom floor, and bought TWO, plus 6 cattle cars.

Loaded up all my black angus's and shipped them off to Mickey DEE for burgers. (Sorry P.E.T.A., people DO still eat burgers and steaks)

I've never seen a locomotive dealership.  Do they allow test drives?

Nurse! Nurse! He's out of bed again!