Are there less dealerships for locomotives than there are for heavy semi-trailer trucks?

a) yes

b) no

When you answer, can you give me an explanation?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Edna
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

Yes - there are certainly less dealerships for locomotives than there are for heavy semi-trailer trucks. In fact, there are NO dealerships that sell locomotives - when's the last time you ever saw one?  A locomotive is a TRAIN!!

Locomotives and their engines are built by the very few companies that manufacture those engines and boxcars. YEARS can go by before another one has to be built. 

• 10 months ago

Many toy stores deal in locomotives and trucks. Now I haven't inventoried all the toy stores, but I am sure it is pretty close. Depending on what scale you are looking for.

• Scott
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

Just this morning on my way to the office I passed by the Trainplex, where all the locomotive manufacturers have showrooms and service departments. There's a dozen or so of them. One of these days, I'm going to stop in for a test ride.

• 10 months ago

Heck no. ANY town worth more than a nickle has several locomotive dealerships. Just last week I went down and checked out locomotives in the dealership showroom floor, and bought TWO, plus 6 cattle cars.

Loaded up all my black angus's and shipped them off to Mickey DEE for burgers. (Sorry P.E.T.A., people DO still eat burgers and steaks)

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 10 months ago

I've never seen a locomotive dealership.  Do they allow test drives?

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

Nurse! Nurse! He's out of bed again!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.