Tj asked in HealthMental Health · 2 months ago

My girlfriend sometimes gets really sad and i don't know what to do, help?

sometimes my girlfriend gets really sad and starts crying and saying she can't explain why she is sad and then I ask her why but she just ignores me or says "I can't explain it" or " nothing is wrong" and this will go on for hours until she has to leave.  I have many responsibilities already and sometimes she has to leave because I have to deal with these responsibilities and sometimes I end up not doing it because trying to make sure she is okay takes up a lot of my time. Is it bad that it upsets me sometimes that she's upset when I have responsibilities to take care of? I love her obviously but this happens a lot and has affected my schooling performance and work performance. She is aware it affects my schooling and work as well but does not really state it. I'm usually a very patient person but sometimes I can't help but to think how I can fix this and it's frustrating me because it has been going on for a while and I have tried everything. I feel bad for even having to type this. 

• Carmen

Seems like you’re a caring person but unfortunately until she wants to talk to you about whatever is bothering her you can’t fix it or her and it’s understandable how much this could drain a person completely because it’s hard when only one person is giving their all and the other is pulling in different direction patience is a virtue but you must take care of yourself as well pray over matter for guidance endurance if applicable peace of mind and and a calm heart try talking to her one more time on this situation if she listens and talks great if she doesn’t maybe it’s time you put alternatives in front of her and see what response you get either way be prepared to accept it or reject it . 

• Cathy

I suggest you grab her by her pvssy.   Women like that.

Source(s): Donald Trump

How old are you and how old is she? You can't keep doing this. She sounds like an energy vampire, although maybe not meaning to be so. She probably experienced trauma and doesn't remember the exact details. She is now beginning to feel the emotions that she likely stuffed inside. You're not her therapist. You have to live your life. It's not selfish to expect a partner to do their part to solve their problems. If you are serious about this, you will give her an ultimatum to see a therapist or else you will have to break up with her. But you have to be willing to follow through or it's an empty threat. 

You are a great guy for trying to help your girlfriend. So the first thing I would do is just be there for her and let her know your there for her because she needs you right now because she is most likely depressed. Also call her parents and/ or yours for advice and ask her parents what they think it could be. Sometimes she might just need you to hold her for a while and let her cry or support her and tell her you love her as much as you can and do sweet things for her like leave post it notes with all the things you love about her around the house before you leave and again just be there for her. 

• Her parents could easily be the source of abuse that she has repressed.

It sounds like your girlfriend is overly dramatic, and she keeps it up because you react to her drama.

You can't fix someone else. It's up to your girlfriend to figure things out and fix herself.

When you have had problems, have other people fixed you? They have not because it's impossible.

Encourage her to get help. She needs to resolve herself if she doesnt want to then you cant let her drag you down too.

• Andy C

Not your responsibility to get mental health care for her. That's hers and it's perfectly fine for you to say "Either get help from a doctor or it's splitsville."

• justin

unfortunately sometimes all u can do is find tricks to make it bearable. if she says the ris no reason she is telling the truth. Ive been there u can t rationalize in a straight line when its affecting u either. it takes control and theres nothing u cna do but take it and try tofind a coping method. some ppl are lucky and therapy works or medication. but in some cases it is hopeless to find a cure.

She needs help from a qualified therapist and physician. It has nothing to do with you.Make a deal with her; the situation is stressing the hell out of your relationship and if she wants things to work out, agree to couples counseling.

Maybe she has depression. You have to look for a psychiatrist and then a therapist.