Why are The Beatles so overrated?

19 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago
    Favourite answer

They arent overrated they are just really hood 

• 8 months ago

Nope. Who is better today? Whoever you name would not exist without the Beatles being here first.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Because they don't suck as much as Blink 182

• 8 months ago

They weren't at the time of their own fame. Their simple songs are just good easy listening. And their hippy trippy songs were at a time when multi track recording was difficult, so they were only restricted by the technology of the time.

If they were to begin now, their Sgt Peppers would be like a mash up between Jamiroquai, Hendrix and Orbital.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Mikey
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

I would have no idea why you have that opinion. 

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

they are overrated by virtue of being one of the (if not the) most culturally important bands in the recorded era. people tend to conflate cultural importance with other virtues, and thus all big name bands are overrated, the beatles, the rolling stones, led zeppelin, metallica, etc. are all overrated. but that doesn't mean they aren't also great bands, just that it can be hard for people to separate their music from their legacy.

• Tony B
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

“Overrated” by who? What “rating” are you thinking of?

I think what you really mean is that you don't like The Beatles (which is hardly surprising unless you were around in the sixties), and don't understand how talented they were and what a huge impact they had on music. You know they are highly regarded but think you are right and everybody else is wrong.

Otherwise, can you explain what you mean?

• 8 months ago

It's a matter of opinion. And your opinion is outvoted by tens of millions.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

I can't believe that Killmouseky isn't slobbering all over this thread.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Their songs were before my time, but I still find them pretty catchy. I guess they had the right formula. I really like the song "In My Life". Rarely have I heard something so cute and sweet.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.