Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesNew York City · 8 months ago

Can you drive an ATV in NYC?

Can I drive an ATV on the streets of Manhattan?

No

DeBlasio even stated a few years ago that if you are caught driving an ATV or dirtbike on any road in NYC, it will be confiscated and crushed on TV

Try East Harlem. You might be able to get away with it there. It also depends on your skin color...whether you want to hang out in that neighborhood too long. And you better lock your ATV up if you go into a bodega. And preferably carry a weapon if you want to retain possession of it

Maybe if you're in a parade, you could.  Otherwise, don't plan on it.

You cannot safely drive an ATV on the streets anywhere. Although ATV stands for "all-terrain vehicle", terrain does not included paved roads. It can be safely used only off-road.

i would ask the dmv this question

• Murzy

If it has license plates, yes.

You'd be in a lot of traffic. Idk why you'd want to, but if it's not against the law then I guess, but I don't think they let u drive an ATV on the streets of NYC.

Source(s): A passenger of annoying NYC traffic twice.

I'd love to see you try it.