Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 month ago

Can a white Democrat actually even win the presidency anymore?

The last time a white Democrat won the presidency was in 1996 which was nearly twenty four years ago. After that they've failed. Al gore failed, John Kerry failed, Hillary Clinton failed, and a black man won in 2008. The last election Democrats won was won by a minority. The truth is many minorities don't want to vote for white people and understandably so. I cannot tell you how many Hispanics especially I've come across saying "no old white guys." So why is the Democratic party committing suicide by pushing for old white people and pushing for all white debates? Seems stupid to me because history shows that a white candidate stands no chance because a white Democrat doesn't represent change.

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Virtually ever poll done shows Biden leading with blacks over Booker (or Harris back in her day). So clearly SOME minorities are still willing to vote for an "old white guy".

• 1 month ago

anything is possible

• 1 month ago

Gore and Hillary both got more votes than their opponents. White Democrats won more votes than Republicans in 2016, 2000, 1996, and 1992. During that time, Republicans (of all races) have done it only once in (2004).

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

i dont see why not

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

"Obama only won because he was a minority."

Great race-baiting there,

It takes brains to focus on issues,

but NO brains to be a racist.

• 1 month ago

If Democrats were to select their Candidate based on their ability to improve America they would actually have a chance to win.

If the Best Candidate is selected, their sex, ethnicity, race, and Religion would never be an issue

Democrats are destroying themselves by being racists, bigots, and sexist xenophobes. They do NOT unite, they Divide America.

• Dze
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

i dunno .. you strap a turban on him and he might have a chance ..

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Democrats, being white supremacists think they can benevolently rule over all these brown and black people.  Truth is they're delusional.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Sure, if a competent one tries. He should be populist and socially conservative however.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It has nothing to do with race, it's just the political climate has drastically changed. Hillary and Kerry lost because they abandoned their base by appealing to moderates by running from the right as moderate republicans. Democratic voters want to vote for a DEMOCRAT, not a republican.

Obama won because even though he governed like a moderate republican, he campaigned as a progressive. Trump easily won because he knows what voters want, policy. Democrats need to run populist like Obama did or else they'll keep losing elections. It's really not difficult. Hillary would've easily won had she not tried to run from the right to try and pick off right leaning voters. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.