Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 8 months ago

When will this 15 character limit go away ? ?

I'm getting very tired of it I'm tired of  not being able to give a one word answer instead of adding a million dots at the end of it. I can't answer a simple yes or no answer anymore without adding dots I hate that. When will it go away ? 

• Favourite answer

No one knows if it will or not.  Other things like the level 7 users moving questions have been removed so could the 15 character rule.  Disregard the rant and rang by another user who thinks they own this site.  You can give feedback to change the rule.  If many others do it could be changed.

• Daniel

Its not gonna go away you have to make it at Least 15 Characters its a new Rule that Yahoo has Added Recently

• .

Most questions that only need short answers (eso yes/no or one word) are violations anyway. The site is for questions with answers that help people, not to chat or award point gamers.

Only the powers that be know the answer to that.  :-)  I would expect it to remain for a long time.  I like the 15 character miminum.  It prevents point gaming and giving lazy yes or no answers.

Its not going to go away. Verizon, NOT Yahoo, decided to do something about the point gaming abuse with people giving Yes or no answers to questions they were NOT Yes o questions of Bait and fish provocation. Questions attempting to dictate to other people HOW to answer their question's. That's insulting, provoking, harassing, condescending, pardoning, rude and exploiting, all ToS violations.

You can use spaces too, but only on the specific page for the question, not in the feed.

i think its here to stay, just add to whatever youre saying

When people stop abusing it. People that give yes or no answers are trolls who needs the points to ask troll questions. 

Yahoo gives and Yahoo takes away.  Mysterious are the ways of Yahoo.