Would this work for a proof of residency?

I do not have a utility bill or a lease, but would a copy of an amazon package sent to my home count as a proof of residency? 

It would be more like the bill of receipt that comes inside the box. It would have my name and street address. 

You have been here for at least a decade so add that to 13 as the minimum age to join here and you get at minimum 23 years old and what you have no driver's license or state ID?  You have no cell phone bills?

What kind of scam are you trying to pull?

NO! Amazon packages or any packages can be sent to any address. I've done it many times, sending to family. That is never proof of residency. Proof of residency IS a lease or a utility bill. If you don't have either, then you were not legally living there and paying your way there so forget giving proof of residency. You can try and explain why you don't have proof of residency. See how that goes.

Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience & with Landlord & Tenant law experience.

You will need one of these items: Government issued ID, residential lease, utility bill, marriage license or divorce decree or government aid letter, bank statement, driver's license, car registration, or notarized affidavit of residency. An amazon receipt will not suffice.

Source(s): Wikihow

That depends on the policy of who is asking for proof. In a majority of cases, that wouldn't suffice. Driver's license with that address, utility bills, lease. Bank statements sent to the address. Possibly a credit card statement billed to that address. Anybody can ask for a package to be sent anywhere; that is proof of nothing.

• Judy

No, it only shows that you had something delivered there, not that you live there.

Get yourself a large postcard and right on the postcard this is to prove that I John Smith live at number one sample Street then go to the Post office and have it mailed to your house by certified mail return receipt requested. That will prove that you live there and that you received your mail the post office makes you show ID to receive a certified letter. But most of these people that demand proof of residency will only accept what they have listed on the paper.

• SimplytheFACTS

does not work as official for most programs..if the person had ID, they would not be looking for another proof of address

If you are not a home owner, or you don't have a lease then you don't have any proof of residency.

i think it could work since it has your name and address

• Nuff Sed

A paper with your name and address is not proof of residence at that address. If I had something sent to my office, is the receipt proof that I live in my office?

No it would not. Having a package sent somewhere doesn't in any way prove you live there. I can put any address I want in and they'll send it.

• Derek D1 month agoReport

Thank you for all three suggestions. You just wasted my time. 

No, that won't work.