Anonymous

What is a data entry job?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Any job where you input data or information. I have had several. Usually you sit in front of a computer and type different things in a computer. The data is for the company/organizations files. Like I had to input people personal info (address/birthday) as a data entry clerk at a health insurance company. When I worked for the Nature Conservancy, I spend grueling hours logging 1000s of species of animals in the computer. Like their scientific name and where to find them.

• Lv 4
      2 months agoReport

Thanks.

• 2 months ago

Any job that would require you to input data into a system using computers, tablets, etc.

• Kia
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Entering data (words, numbers) onto a spreadsheet for further processing by data analysts

• Scott
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Doing data entry. Typing on a keyboard all day long.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Typing all day, everyday. FAST.

• Damien
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

its spending the whole day at a computer typing stuff into the computer. theyll require you to have a fast typing speed to get this job, not a good job as its likely to raise your chances of developing carpel tunnel syndrome or damage you nerves from constantly typing non stop and fast all day.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

when you type data into a computer

• denise
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Someone who puts 'data' [information] into computers / files?.

• danxp2
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

A job where you enter data, generally into a computerized database using a keyboard and/or mouse. 

• Lv 4
      2 months agoReport

Thanks.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.