Hey some of you grammar nerds, is this grammatically correct?

"How much equality is right; a question that stumps almost anyone." adding it into my essay

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

I recommend http://essaysshop.com for essay writing services

• 2 months ago

"It's questionable how much of `equality` is accurately quantifiable."

would be grammatically and factually correct.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

No, it doesn't really make sense. In the first place, equality cannot be measured; it either exists or it doesn't. It's reminiscent of the sarcastic line: "Some people are more equal than others." Partial equality cannot be "right." Also, what exactly do you mean by right?

Grammatically, if you are going to use the word "question," you have to use a question mark, not a semi-colon. And then you have to complete the rest of the sentence. Also, why do you say "almost anyone"? It's hard to know what you're getting at.

• 2 months ago

It's not a question without a question mark. I would not use terms like 'almost anyone/everyone' unless you have data to back it up. And you are dealing with quantity, not right/wrong. If 'right' means 'the correct amount' then you need a different word or phrase that has the same meaning.

A question that stumps many: How much equality is sufficient? Quotation marks not necessary.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Grammar isn't for nerds, it's for everyone.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

it sounds okay to me

• RP
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You might consider flipping the clauses, starting with A question, adding is after anyone and ending with how much ...

• Jim2
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I don't think so. It isn't really a complete sentence. Also, the meaning is unclear.

I am stumped by what "How much equality is right" means! Additionally, even if it does mean something, I would punctuate it something like this: 'How much equality is right? This is a question that stumps almost anyone.' 

• John2 months agoReport

Thank you, fellow nerd. I will add this as it is better to be safe than sorry

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.