Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 8 months ago

What would you do if you had been married for years and you found out one partner wasn't enough for your spouse?

This happened to a friend of mine and they took it unexpectedly well

Update:

People getting penisy about it, I'm just worried about him. He's a very meek guy. I don't want see him being taken advantage of or being stuck in an unhappy relationship because his wife thinks she can be true to 2. 

5 Answers

Relevance
    Lv 7
    8 months ago
    Favourite answer

Sometimes people change over time or find out things about themselves they weren't aware of (or not fully) previously. If my spouse decided 1 partner wasn't enough, and I wasn't willing to be "one of their" partners (versus "their only" partner) then I'd make it clear that unless they could be happy with just me, it would be time to part ways. 

On the other hand, if I was open to a poly relationship, we'd have that discussion and see where things went (if one or both of us desired to have multiple partners, and ensure that we were BOTH okay with whatever choice was made).

• 8 months ago

First of all, it's not your decision to make.

But to answer the question, I think it's not good for any relationship to introduce sex outside the marriage. It leads to relationship breakdowns.

• 8 months ago

I'm not up to being a sister wife. He could work on it with me or hit the road.

• Linda
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

I wouldn't like it but I hope they will be very happy together.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Dze
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

they would be right where they are now .. ancient history ..

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.