I want to be adopted?

I am 16 years old and in foster care but right now i am living in a group home because there are no families available. I really want a family and i dont know what to do.

Ledyard, Connecticut

Favorite Answer

Hi Olivia...  I need to know what city you are in so I can give you a link to the proper people.  So at the bottom of your question in the right corner, there is a pen, click on it and choose "update question" and let me know.

EDIT for Olivia...  I need to make some connections tomorrow, I'll get back with you around 5 or 6 PM.  Take care.

UPDATE FOR IZZY??  I just returned home from the hospital ER. My apologies for being later than I estimated but the ER folks are very helpful.  I made contacts with 3 people today.  #1.CPS here in my state who was really helpful and let me know that times have changed a lot in the past few years.  So much so that many adoption agencies have gone out of business...  that surprises me!

#2. Adoption agency in your state told me the same thing as mine.  #3.Religious community services are somewhat helpful but for your age and status, it is a rough road.  I truly feel bad for you.  I know you want adoption badly, but times have changed and teen adoptions have dropped 40%.

I wish you well sweet girl.

Are you legally free for adoption?

If so, talk with your case worker about being listed on your state's Adoptuskids page.

Usually babies and young children are what families want to adopt. You should be thinking about your plans for when you age out of the system.

Okay............

• Alivia2 months agoReport

what does that mean? I just want some resources.

All we can do is look up somthing like planning life after living in a group home and it helps and i lived it once and with a few others and threw the CMH because i have seizures and i live back with family but even i know i can't live it alone and we just keep getting older and talked to them about the home as a choice but a dog is a need for me in life. 

talk to the people in the group home about it

• Jill

You're almost an adult. Focus on what you will do after foster care. 

Sorry, most people want to adopt babies or young children.😉