I want to be adopted?

I am 16 years old and in foster care but right now i am living in a group home because there are no families available. I really want a family and i dont know what to do.

Update:

Ledyard, Connecticut

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Hi Olivia...  I need to know what city you are in so I can give you a link to the proper people.  So at the bottom of your question in the right corner, there is a pen, click on it and choose "update question" and let me know.

EDIT for Olivia...  I need to make some connections tomorrow, I'll get back with you around 5 or 6 PM.  Take care.

UPDATE FOR IZZY??  I just returned home from the hospital ER. My apologies for being later than I estimated but the ER folks are very helpful.  I made contacts with 3 people today.  #1.CPS here in my state who was really helpful and let me know that times have changed a lot in the past few years.  So much so that many adoption agencies have gone out of business...  that surprises me!

#2. Adoption agency in your state told me the same thing as mine.  #3.Religious community services are somewhat helpful but for your age and status, it is a rough road.  I truly feel bad for you.  I know you want adoption badly, but times have changed and teen adoptions have dropped 40%.

I wish you well sweet girl.

• 1 month ago

Are you legally free for adoption?

If so, talk with your case worker about being listed on your state's Adoptuskids page.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Usually babies and young children are what families want to adopt. You should be thinking about your plans for when you age out of the system.

• 2 months ago

Okay............

• Alivia2 months agoReport

what does that mean? I just want some resources.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

All we can do is look up somthing like planning life after living in a group home and it helps and i lived it once and with a few others and threw the CMH because i have seizures and i live back with family but even i know i can't live it alone and we just keep getting older and talked to them about the home as a choice but a dog is a need for me in life. 

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

talk to the people in the group home about it

• Jill
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You're almost an adult. Focus on what you will do after foster care. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Sorry, most people want to adopt babies or young children.😉

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.