Why are people so mean on yahoo answers?

I mean like someone will ask a question and some of the answers are just plain rude. I had another account and asked about lymph nodes in my neck swelling (which never happened before so I was curious) and someone commented and called me an attention seeker and called me really horrible names (attention whore for an example was one of the names) and said people like me aren’t respected. I ended up making this new account because I can’t stand negativity, and I read answers on other people’s questions and can’t believe the cyber bullying that goes on when people ask questions and some of the responses shouldn’t even be allowed. Does yahoo not check things that are posted? I’m just wondering why this question platform seems like there is so many more mean people than others I’ve seen. And wanna hear if you guys notice it as much as I do or if I’m just crazy lol. Cyber bullying is not okay I lost someone to suicide and I know how much words can hurt. I know this isn’t really a “question” but I guess I’m kinda asking does anyone else notice this?

Dear,

Yes I have noticed it. As I ask a lot of questions almost daily and regarding a variety of topics, I get a lot of nasty rude answers. I habe blocked a lot of the repeat offenders however there are still posts I get which appear as being from an anonymous source and as I result I cannot block them.

I really think Yahoo should hire someone to control those nasty posters and ban them. Many of those types of posters are regular users with high-level accounts (such as level 7), which means that Yahoo! could have easily put a stop to their hateful posting long ago.

People are mean everywhere!  Lol  You learn to ignore them.  On Yahoo Answers you have the option to report mean users.  Click the little flag icon next to their answer.

The problem lies with a certain number of users who wanted only the two points by posting insulting remarks just to be funny. All this does is not provide the facts that demanded by all their questions and doesn't benefit the community at all. Anyone who answers your questions must always give out detailed information, as required by the Community Guidelines, minus the unnecessary insults. It seems they are already oblivious to the violation being committed in the process. They should be reported for insulting other users. By reporting them, they will be put on notice their disrespectful behavior will not ever be tolerated by the rest of this community.

• .

Because they can be. The internet opened the world to unhappy and insecure people who lacked the 'cohones' to be unkind to others face-to-face. Report answers (or questions) that violate the rules here, then move on. Some people's responses aren't worth acknowledging, especially those posted by people who clearly have more issues than the person they're attempting to insult or be rude to.

• Daniel

not everybody is rude but the ones that are you just got to ignore them

and if they dont answer the question or break any other rule you can report

there answer

because they think because they are behind the computer, we do not know who they are. most likely they are like that in real life also

There could be many reasons why people are mean and abuse this site.  Some feel like they own this site and if they do not like your answer they will attack you.  Some are because of lack of sleep.  Yes, it is true some stay on this site day and night and never sleeps.  Then you got those who are mentally ill or lack of insulin or medication.  What you need to do is ignore them.  Showing that it upset you fills their ego and they will do it more and more.  You also should just block them and report them.  No one has a right to abuse you here. 

They are probably just taking out their own issues on an innocent asker.

It's unregulated for the most part and you can be anonymous. The internet is filled with trolls

It's important to realize that you can log off, Brooke. You don't actually have to kill yourself if you get an answer you don't like.

• .1 month agoReport

I want to both thumbs up and thumbs down this