Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsWrestling · 2 months ago

What do you think about Sin Cara (Hunico) being released?

The Sin Cara character pretty much killed Hunico's career all because WWE put so much press in signing Carístico [Original Sin Cara] whose never met a match he didn't botch.  The gimmick should've been retired and Hunico should've been pushed to the moon, instead he spent 6+ years being the modern day Brooklyn Brawler.

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

The first Sin Cara was a complete failure. I don’t see why they thought giving that gimmick to someone else would be a good idea. I think it’s good that Hunico was released. I don’t see why they would choose to employ someone they have no intention to use. Waste of time and money. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Hunico was the fake Sin Cara. Right? 

• 2 months ago

Can't argue about Sin Cara, he never impressed me nor has Rey Mysterio when he was in Lucha Libre (El Rey Network) or in the WWE.  Time for Mysterio to retire.

• 2 months ago

Nothing. Mid card talent who wants to go to AEW...... nothing different than Shawn Spears formerly Tye Dillinger moving companies nothing major like Moxley /Ambrose 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Good riddance I hate the character was a poor man's Rey Mysterio

• 2 months ago

I didn't know he was still in the company.  

• 2 months ago

I am happy for Hunico.  The Sin Cara gimmick was a dismal failure.  He deserved so much better.  I hope he finds success elsewhere.

• succor
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Everybody wins.

He wanted out, WWE saves his salary, other guys will get given his opportunity.

It's all good.

• 2 months ago

I think he should go to NXT UK. He could win the belt there 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Before that he was acting like a chollo in a tag team no one cared about.  I'm not dissing the man's abilities, but becoming Sin Cara was a lateral move.

I don't think they killed his career.  He still has a following in Mexico to bank off of as Incognito.  Mexico really doesn't care about how the U.S. books someone, which is why the original Sin Cara had somewhere to go after his departure from WWE.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.