Lynsey asked in PetsCats · 8 months ago

How to settle a 4 month old kitten upstairs? ?

I know some think sleeping with her downstairs was wrong but now I would like her to start sleeping upstairs would showing her where I put her bed food bowls and tray show her she's to sleep upstairs 

kitty-cuddles are sleeping place i make for my cats. one is a round type of fabric tube which i then cover with a warm pet-size blanket. they crawl inside and sleep. i cleaned out a lower shelf in my closet, and put some warm worn-out sweatshirts in there. then, i pulled the clothes hung on the rack to mostly block the entrance. this gives sleeping privacy to the cat.

i take my cats into my room and lay-down with them on my bed. i pet them a bit, and they did get the idea that it is OK to be there. one cat sleeps with me every night.

the cat box is a large flat under-bed storage plastic box. it is about 24-in X 18-in. by 4-in. deep, and i fill it with 20#s cat litter. it goes into a corner of the living room, with the lid blocking the box from common view. that is for the cat's privacy as well as mine.

i place fresh water in bowls throughout the house so to encourage water-drinking by the cat.

the food bowl with a water bowl goes into the kitchen in a corner. i encourage the cats to drink water, but put the toilet seat down.

it is important to get your kittens their feline panleukopenia virus (FPLV)vaccinations. the  viruses took a kitten that lived outside my house in less then two-days. she and her siblings apparently got the viruses from the other cats or from drinking dirty water.

Just leave her be. Cats are smart enough to figure out where their food is and who their alpha is. You'll find out soon enough you can't make cats do anything they don't want to do.