Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 months ago

The family is making excuses for my emotionally abusive sister cause she has Chrone's Disease. How do I not care anymore?

My sister abuses me and so I feel hurt by this. Chrone’s does cause involuntary abuse for years prior to discovery and beyond. I have not seen that on any symptoms lists. It is like blaming OCD and Autism for the horrible Sandy Hook tragedy. It’s an insult to all who have these conditions.

So how do I stop caring?

Update:

linkus86--- But she does not accept my imperfections, she bullies me about them constantly and is 26 years old. 

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Jerry
    Lv 6
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

I've had Crohn's for over 40 years, there's no insult to it, it just is. Involuntary abuse by your sister is just bad behavior, NOT because of Crohn's. If you believe that, you're a fool.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

i would just try to stay away from her

• 2 months ago

You don't.  You accept your sister despite all of her imperfections the same way she accepts you despite of all of your own imperfections.

• 2 months ago

I have a friend with Crohn's disease and she's not abusive, never was. We all make our own choices about how we treat others.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • k w
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

you can read this then share it with her, no , not a joke, I don't often do jokes

• drip
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

When you can live on your own, you distance yourself from your sister. Don’t have contact with her.  When family functions come up, ignore her as best you can.  Talk to other family members. 

And get therapy.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.