Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootballEnglish Football · 11 months ago

Who do you prefer Newcastle or Sunderland?

As a club in general including supporters. Geordies and Mackems are bound to answer for themselves so this is really aimed at those who support neither club.

• Favourite answer

Newcastle,,, just lots of somewhat silly meaningless reasons really..

Newcastle. Sunderland haven’t done anything much since promotion. They were in the Premiership for 10 seasons and didn’t pull up any trees. Newcastle have at least been involved in Europe and finished a transcendent 5th in the league in that time.  They also play better football. 

Peter Gore Seer,

Newcastle Brown, Its A Good Beer, It Puts Hairs On Your Chest, Thats Got To Be Two Points?.

Sunderland.

f**k newcastle.

only cos Keegan managed them and he did that famous rant in 96 where he ripped into us saying he'd love it if they beat us or something.

any manager who squared up to the GREAT Sir Alex Ferguson was shown his place in history as a fool.  I'm referring to managers who lost the psychology mind games Sir Alex played with them.  Not one could go on and win the title after they got involved in mind games with Fergie.

Neither as I prefer Rugby Union or USA Football. I use to live and work in Glasgow, and a Rangers versus Celtic was always a physical bloodbath for us working in A&E due to the mandatory post match war between fans. You cannot imagine the damage which a car radio arial will do to a person when they are whipped by one. So I always found the rugby matches seem to end with all fans drinking together and having more fun win or lose than football fans did. Ditto for the games in Dundee and many others throughout the UK. These were not fan they were people out to fight using football for their rationale and justification for their aggression - and really it damaged Football hugely as a family game in my view.

Sunderland. Newcastle fans are up their own arses. At least Sunderland fans will have banter and a laugh.

Neither of them.