how will this 'coppa' rule affect youtube users and youtube enjoyment?

i'm really feared about this as youtube is my number one online entertainment, i joined in 2012 and just have a small channel with 17 subscribers...and a handful of videos which are old video tv clips..............i am worried what these new COPPA rules will do to youtube and how it will affect my enjoyment of watching videos, especially old obscure videos which is what i mainly enjoy, old music and tv clips/nostalgia etc..

is anyone else worried as i? please someone tell me that youtube will be the same and won't change too much.

Favorite Answer

Are your videos aimed directly for kids?

Do they have any content not deemed suitable for kids?

If the answer to both is no, you have nothing to worry about.

• Aiden2 months agoReport

You're welcome, I know how you felt. it was a bit scary at first. Thank you for best answer

• Lv 7

the COPPA rules only mean you have to mark videos as "intended for children" if they are. the only thing this does is keep ads from playing, keeping you from monetizing them.

otherwise, nothing new.