Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 8 months ago

A friend invited me to spend New Year's Eve with her and her husband at a party?

A friend who lives in FL is coming to NY for New Years Eve and staying at a hotel which is having a party. She asked if I wanted to join them (along with some others.) I called the hotel and found out that unless you buy the $350 "package" which means staying at the hotel that night, that you can't go. I live a mile from the hotel so staying there doesn't make sence and called my friend to explain that for $350 I could not afford the price. I also said how disapointed I was as I had been planning my oufit already, etc. and was so honored that she had asked me to join her, her husband and others. I figured she would be upset too but she shrugged it off like it was no big deal. To me it was a big deal but I acted cool about it. I am hurt she doesn't seem to care. What should I make of this?

If you can't afford it, you can't. Why should your friend have a meltdown over it? If a friend of mine tells me they can't do something i ask about, i just accept it and go on with my life. That's what normal, rational people do.

I don't know what you expect her to do about it? She is joining other people so it is not like she can change the venue for you. I think I would bite the bullet and pay the $350 unless you simply could not scratch up that much money. But if you live in NYC a mile from the hotel with the $350 party, you can scratch up that much money.

She just texted me:

There was once a witch who lived in a cabin in the woods. The big witch nose picked up the smell of 5 little boys that just came out of the closet the sweet smell lured the witch closer but she disguised herself as the easter bunny. "Come little ones back to my cabin and away from church it is judgemental." Stupidly, they followed her blinded by the promise of acceptance and candy but little did they know the witch had a pot going she pushed them all in they screamed. "But no one can hear you hehe!" And she started to sing a song about 5 fried ******* in 10 mins they were completely toasted. The witch enjoyed a big meal. And does this every year.