Should I go to the doctor?

I got woken up early because of this really bad pain in my toe... It’s really horrible and when I move it it hurts even worse, it feels like someone is cutting through my toe with a knife or something... it’s my big toe and it hurts both in the joint and around the nail bed, and also I’m only 14 so I don’t know why it would be arthritis or anything.. i can’t really walk or stand from the pain, it’s hard to tell if there is any discolouration but I think the foot is more red/purple than the other. I don’t remember ever hitting in on something either. Should I go to the doctor

Favorite Answer

It's far more likely to be an infection such as paronychia and it will be really sore as it's a delicate area. Your first port of call can be a pharmacist and they'll tell you if you need to see your GP or go to urgent care.

• paul

talk to mom or dad or both

Sounds like gout but 14 is kind of young.

Could be gout, that hit the big toe.  Yes you should go to the doctor.

• David

Yes, you would be well advised to see a doctor before it develops into something more serious.