Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 month ago

How to make pasta taste good?

Favorite Answer

Good sauce?  Paste itself tastes of pretty much nothing.

I love a good pasta meal

It’s all about toppings. Sauce, vegetables, or whatever else. Personally, I put mozzarella and Parmesan on my pasta. The flavor lies in what you put on it.

Source(s): Me

Make sure you cook the pasta properly, so it's not either undercooked or a chewy overcooked mess. Find a recipe that adds in some nice ingredients, or find a nice pasta sauce.

Try a pasta substitute or just put something good on it.

• Clive

What about it? You're supposed to ask a question.

Here's a recipe I'm about to put on any min now. So if you want to kill and rape me (in that order) drive around sniffing...

Get a rolling boil on water with a splash of salt. Press in your angle hair. Continue to whip and draw constantly with a fork. Pull it out and drop it back in to make sure it doesn't stick. All the while some garlic and onion should be searing in another pan with butter.Then huck in the shrimp. With a little judgement from experience you'll know when to pull the shrimp off the heat to cover and let rest and continue cooking through. Then drain the pasta and draw it again with olive oil. Mix all those together with the Alfredo sauce you had on the back burner and remember to use a rubber spatula to get all the juices and draw one last time until it stops steaming excessively. Too much steam and you'll have cheese bread soup instead.

For reference, some small restaurants can go through 36 pounds of salt and 36 pounds of butter daily. The point being, I think based in the 1970s Nixioncare health craze, most people at home will use a pinch of salt and a tea spoon of butter. Like someone once said upon seeing a professional kitchen "the Americans are going to invade if they see all that oil!"

Salt the water

Do not over cook the pasta

Good sauce 

Do not drowned the pasta with the sauce. It is a pasta dish not a sauce dish. 

Good quality ingredients.  Pasta is simple so the better the ingredients the better the result. 

If you make the liquid it's cooked in tastier, the pasta cooked in it will retain that taste.  Tofu works the same way.

An easy method is to add salt and/or bullion to the water.

add butter and shrek

Ew. No pasta.

However, when I was ABLE to eat Italian food and not feel sick?

Italian dressing, vinaigrette dressing or alfredo sauce made it bearable.

Pasta salad or fettuccine. No tomato sauce or paste of any kind. Lol