Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 8 months ago

Does he just want my company?

I have been running into a guy frequently on my college campus, and we have met previously met at a friend's parties. Since then, we have been waving/saying hi, and smiling whenever we see each other. We would chat briefly every now and then.

Now, yesterday, he asked to eat lunch with me when I was eating lunch on my own in the cafeteria. We don't know each other well, so we tried to get to know each other but there were few awkward pauses.

He is in the class above me, and he had no reason to sit with me because there were other spots, and we barely know each other. Is he just trying to be polite?

No. It sounds like he's getting to know you. Give him another chance if he wants to sit with you at lunchtime. The more you converse, the more you will get to know each other and the more you will know whether you want the 'friendship' to continue.

• David

He might well like the company of younger boys such as yourself and so be on your guard because he could have other things on his mind other than politeness.