Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsEngagements & Weddings · 8 months ago

I want to have my wedding at/after sunset and want candle light but would it be too dark?

The wedding is in the Maldives, precise location has not yet been decided 

I was going to handle the fire hazard issue closer to the wedding, I already have an idea of what'd id do instead of real candles 

• Trish

Have a little artificial lighting scattered around if this concerns you.

• Kelly

You may have a harder time getting married in the Maldives, marriage between 2 foreigners there isn't legally binding.

https://www.themaldivesexpert.com/1806/maldives-we...

Lanterns may be a better option for lighting but ultimately it will depend on the venue and what they will allow.

• .

I would be worried that the candles would cause a problem catching something on fire. 

What I would do is use an electrical candle substitute. https://www.lowes.com/pd/Holiday-Living-7-625-in-I...

They are just as beautiful and a lot more safer.

Depends on the venue; but lighting something entirely by candlelight would require a lot of candles (which may be a fire risk if even possible)

• drip

Lit candles are usually not allowed in many places. My daughter had the ceremony with lit candles , but only around the alter. 

The rest of the lights were dimmed. 

You can’t have your guests in darkness. I would doubt any place would allow the whole area to be lit only by candle light. It would still be very dark for your guests if it was allowed. 

spoiled...........

• Check out wedding venues and ask them if you're able to have candle light at your wedding. If not then ask if you can bring some decorative lighting (some of them can resemble candle light) so your guests will be able to find their way around with out having an accident, which the venue could be held liable for.

You would need to first book your venue and then ask them if candlelight is even allowed. And if it is, you would need to ask them if they’ve had complaints about the lighting from the guests.

Guests aren’t going to find it “romantic” if they can’t find their plates or the bathroom, though. Guests in general do not give a shiiiiit about the decor. They will either think “oh this is fine” or “ugh this is inconvenient and uncomfortable” ... nobody ever leaves a wedding dreaming of the decor or the lighting

Too dark for what? Marriage is verbal so one doesn't have to see too much.

get more candles.