Why do today's Christians believe Rm 6:3-7 refers to water baptism when we are "planting our sins' into Christ (Heb 9:28; I Cor 15:35-36 )?

Oddly baptism is something that's actually rather well explained in the Bible!  The only people who would think that baptism "requires" water would be those who have just followed dogma and not actually *critically* read the Bible!

So by "today's Christians" you are more likely referring to the unread followers rather than the adherents!

*While I'm an atheist, I was brought up in a (somewhat extreme) Christian culture.  Where we were taught that baptism did not require water, but then to demonstrate to the other members of the church, practised full submersion baptism :S

• Norine1 month agoReport

Ephesians 4:5 "ONE baptism."

"...the same is (((HE))) which (((BAPTIZETH))) with the Holy Ghost" (John 1:33).

"...but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost" (Acts 1:5)

"Do not add to his words, or he will rebuke you and prove you a liar" (Proverbs 30:6).

Jehovah does not expect you to know everything in the Bible before you get baptized. He didn’t expect the Ethiopian man to know everything before he got baptized. (Acts 8:30, 31) And we will continue learning about God forever. (Ecclesiastes 3:11) But to get baptized, you need to know and accept at least the basic teachings of the Bible.​—Hebrews 5:12.

Peter said: “Repent, therefore, and turn around so as to get your sins blotted out.” (Acts 3:19) We all sin and need to ask God for his forgiveness.​—Romans 3:23; 5:12.

God uses his holy spirit to accomplish his will.​—Psalm 83:18; Matthew 28:18; Galatians 5:22, 23; 2 Peter 1:21.

“This is what the love of God means, that we observe his commandments; and yet his commandments are not burdensome.”​—1 John 5:3

“To do your will, O my God, is my delight, and your law is deep within me.”​—Psalm 40:8

The Bible says: “Let us consider one another so as to incite to love and fine works, not forsaking our meeting together, as some have the custom, but encouraging one another, and all the more so as you see the day drawing near.” (Hebrews 10:24, 25)

• Norine1 month agoReport

Because Peter didn't ***REMEMBER*** that NULLIFIED 

(((ALL))) WATER baptisms throughout the Book of Acts 

JESUS SPOKE Acts 1:5 and SAID "HOLY SPIRIT BAPTISM"

AND ***NO MAN*** OVERRULES ***GOD*** (Romans 3:4)

NOT EVEN Peter!