If your partner cheated who would you be mad at; the partner, the person (a stranger) they cheated with, or both?

If the person they cheated with was a friend or family member would your response differ?

well, both.........but the other 3rd wheel can always claim ignorance. 

Perhaps the partner was flat out lying to them the whole time.  It happens. 

So, the anger has to be directed at the partner, who certainly knew better. 

In one particular case , where my finaceé decided to sleep with some other guy..............to his credit , I suppose, he seemed genuinely flummoxed and surprised when I said I was her financé- 

Apparently , she must have left that detail out.  So while, yeahhh, I hope he burns in hell..........No, I couldn't really be mad at HIM.......since he didn't know. 

He seems genuinely embarrassed and horrified to find that detail out. 

If my wife (partner) cheated on me, I would immediately file for divorce.

I'd be unhappy with both.

Both I think. It does take two to tango...

I will be really mad at my partner so mad that the relationship comes to an end instantly. if it involved a family member. that relationship ends instantly too. never to be revived again.  

• hammy

My partner. Well did my family know he was with me? If no then Ill dump him, he is nothing.