Condom question involving boyfriend.?

So me and my bf were in his room chillin then he said he was going to go get some water. We were about to have sex and I knew he had a condom on his counter under a towel so I was making sure it was there and ready. When I saw it it was open but the condom was still in there I was like wtf? That was more puzzling. So I asked him and he said he had pre-opened it for when we get into the moment he can just put it on real fast since they are hard to open. Am I overthinking? Or? 

You keep some of your own on hand.  So you tell him.. "Don't worry I am quite good at opening packets.  Just relax and I will put one on you myself".  Whoever TAKES control HAS control.

makes sense...................

So looked to make the condom was there and ready, and it was, what is the problem?

If I were you, I would believe him. If the condom packet is freshly opened, you can see if the condom is used when you take it out. Next time, check if the condom is still in its "shape". Obviously if it is used, it would have bodily fluid residues and wouldn't hold that "unused/fresh" shape.

It certainly sounds puzzling

It is certainly a conundrum Amanda. What could his motivations have been, maybe it has been used before? Does it have some other girls dry crusty bacteria on? This sounds like another dilemma for the mystery gang

This kind of thing is a perfect example of why I don't use a condom when I plow my GF or when I cheat on her. They lead to all kinds  of  emotional complications.