Rhys asked in Family & RelationshipsWeddings · 8 months ago

Is this a good engagement/wedding band set? ?

My girlfriend has wanted me to propose to her for quite some time. She even said it would be fine to do it with a ring pop, I’m not rich but I don’t want to be that cheap. I found this set for $2400 does it look nice for the price? Is it a good looking set? I’ve never proposed before so I’m absolutely new at this. Any advice would be awesome.

Attachment image

39 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago

don't be suckered into spending that much for a ring.. ONE months pay is plenty. AFTERALL IS she buying you a new set of rims and tires..

• 8 months ago

It's beautiful. Anniversary bands are popular. If she doesn't like it

• 8 months ago

It's hard to tell the size of the stone, and even what the stone is from the photo. Let's assume it's a diamond, oval cut, 1/4 carat and a gold band...maybe a quarter ounce of 14K gold, and all the little chips. It is pretty and a lot of work went into setting the pave. Still, I think it's a $1500 set.

Source(s): have been a jewelry maker
  • 8 months ago

Sure, pricier jewelry means your love for her is greater than cheaper jewelry. /endsarcasm

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

Get one out of a Crackerjack box and then tap that booty

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

The cost should be equal to 3 month of total income. Pay it off over time if needed

• drip
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Research diamonds , rings and jewelers, just like you would for any other big purchase. 

Where I work I see a lot of younger women. This Halo style ring is extremely popular. Everyone has it. 

Which would be why I wouldn’t want it. 

Please talk to your girlfriend.

• John
    Lv 4
    8 months ago

Jewellery is screwy. And pricing is even screwyer. 

Try big box like target or Walmart. You'll find those mass produced and going for about 50 bucks.

• 8 months ago

I like the ring, it's very pretty.

• Cammie
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

We need to know the statistics on the ring.

Cut, color, clarity and carat weight..Is this a real diamond ? It doesn't look too good.Find some thing more simple.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.