Anonymous

How to skip work one day out of the week my part time job has me working every day?

I don't like my part time fast food job anymore it's really stressful now I'm trying to get another job at a grocery store before I put in my 2 weeks notice I've been working 2 years now and I work $7.35 but it's harder than expected and I used to have sundays and Wednesdays off so I would go see my girlfriend on my off days but now suddenly I have to work everyday last week and this week and I skipped a day last week so I could see my girlfriend but my managers keep harassing me about skipping a day and even was 45 minutes late one day and they harassed me about that so I'm a hole here I'm 18 just graduated in june will start college next month

In the past when my schedule was fine I've requested like 1 day off and they would always have me work that day anyways I have a life I don't even work full time

• Bort

You're starting college and you don't know how to use punctuation. This is why everyone in the entire world is doomed. Lazy, not very well educated people going to college to run our company's with the only work and life experience being McDonald's.

We are DOOMED!!!

Just tell your manager you need a day or 2 off each week. If they don't give you the time you want off there's really nothing you can do other than call off or not show up and get fired or quit before they fire you. It's a fast food joint. Nobody stays there long so losing that job isn't going to kill your future. Wal-Mart pays almost double what you're hourly rate there is for warehouse and floor "associates".

• When you request a day off, ignore them if they try to call you in. Turn off your phone if you have to.

Don't skip a day, if you don't call and don't show up you can get fired. If you're late with out calling you can also get fired for that. 45 minutes is a long time to be late, on top of that you're skipping days when you're supposed to be there. 

They're not forcing you to work, but you should work when you're scheduled to work. Some work places expect you to schedule your life around work. Maybe try asking for fewer hours, since your still in school you need some time to get your home work done and socialize a bit.

a grocery store may be full time as well but should be better pay.

You're a big boy, inform your manager you don't want to work  8 hours a day, 7 days a week.  

Are they forcing to to work at gunpoint? Have they threatened to murder your family? 

If you dont like where you work, walk. Life is too short.