Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 8 months ago

Should I go on a date with this guy or just block him? ?

So first question when going out on a first date with someone if they didn't have a ride because of other reasons would you pick them up? Okay so I've been talking to this guy for a while now and we met on Facebook dating but he lives in my town a little less than 10 minutes away from me anyway he's been wanting to meet me for a while but I haven't been able to meet him because my mom was sick and I work a lot anyway we were supposed to meet tomorrow and he had invited me to a K-pop event Saturday night yesterday and I told him that I couldn't go because my brother had my car and I probably expected him to say like don't worry about it I can give you a ride and we can just go together but he did not. Instead he's like okay well whatever I'm still going to go and then later he texted me while this event is so awesome too bad you're not here to experience it I mean if you wanted to meet me so bad why couldn't he just offered me a ride maybe it's not a big deal but also he said that in First Dates he doesn't like to go out to eat at any restaurants because he doesn't want to have to pay for a person he doesn't even know. And when we spoke on the phone Friday night we were talking about personal things in asking each other questions and he was like I just want to let you know that I slept with 13 people and I am a very sexually driven person and if we date I may need you to keep up with that.. so there is already a few things I'm seeing that I do not like so I just wanted to ask

Considering what I have said would you guys think I should even go on a date with this person or should I just block them? would you guys have offered the girl or boy you like a ride especially when you live in the same town and you guys don't even live like 10 minutes away from each other...

I don't know why it bothered me but it just did and I don't know if I am in the right place to even suggest that he should give me a ride I mean he doesn't have to give me a ride and I understand that but I was just thinking if he like to me like that then why wouldn't he just offer me since he know I wanted to go to this Kpop event really badly because I knew about it before he invited me and since we're so close to each other I just figured

So what would you guys do in a situation like this? Could you guys even consider the date or just block the person also I should mention that previously to this I did talk to someone else and we haven't spoken in a while but I did tell him I did have feelings for someone else who is long distance but that I would meet him and see if things could work out since the other person is very busy not even speaking to me at the moment so I was being honest with him from the start but I feel like

he is bothered by so many things and he wanted to meet at a park or at the mall for the first date and I didn't expect for him to pay for me anyway on a first date but people usually meet up for drinks or something to try and get to know each other and he just seems so bothered by this idea so I don't know anyway thank you so much for your advice I really appreciate it sorry for the long message

I think you should give this guy a miss. From the sounds of things he seems super selfish and inconsiderate. When I read your question, I initially thought that he may have been inexperienced when it comes to women and dating but given that he has supposedly slept with 13 women, you'd think he be experienced enough to know how to be chivalrous.

Basically, I think this guy is only after something physical with you. Thankfully he has had decency to let you know this when he mentioned that he is very sexually driven. Personally, if that is something you want then by all means go for him. However, if you are after something more meaningful then this guy would be making an effort to connect with you and getting to know you on an emotional level by making conversation. I really hope this helps :)

Source(s): Would you say that this guy has ever been respectful towards you? What is it about him that you find attractive?
  • Ana

It depends on his personal situation. If you guys are like 18 or 19 years old and his parents had just kicked him out or he’s working to save up for his first car but he is otherwise intelligent and going places, whether it’s starting his own biz or a good career after college, then absolutely you should go on a date with him.

But if he’s older, and seems stupid/low IQ and obviously just going nowhere in life, then NO you should not go on a date with him just because he’s cute. You need to prioritize intelligence otherwise you’re never going to have a good family

Also, intelligence is genetic and the last thing you want is stupid children too

Well look, In 1977,  I met met Sally Albright, a graduate from the University of Chicago and we shared a cab to New York City, Sally told me she was beginning journalism school and I was just starting a career. I was dating Sally's friend, Amanda. During the drive, we discussed differing ideas about relationships; Sally disagreed with my absolute assertion that men and women could not be friends as "the sex part gets in the way". At a diner,  I told Sall she was attractive, and she angrily accused me of making a pass at her. We parted in New York on unfriendly terms. Five years later, we found themselves on the same flight. She was dating my neighbor Joe, and I was engaged to Helen, which surprised her. I suggested they become friends, forcing me to qualify my previous position about the impossibility of male-female friendships. We separated, concluding that we could not be friends.  We ran into each other again in a bookstore, five years later (I know it really drags huh). Anyway, we had coffee and talked about previous relationships; Sally and Joe broke up because she wanted a family and he did not want to marry, My wife Helen left me for another man. We talked and become friends (AGAIN). We had late-night phone conversations, went to dinner, and spent time together, discussing love lives.  During a typically Jewish New Year's Eve party, we found ourselves attracted to one other. Even though we remained friends, we set up each other with respective best friends, Marie and Jess (I know, what a drama huh?). When four of us went to a restaurant, Marie and Jess became fast friends and later became engaged. Over the phone, Sally tearfully told me that her ex is getting married. I rushed to her apartment to comforted her face, and then had hot sex;  Then I left her on the bed like a slag. Our friendship cooled until a heated argument at Jess and Marie's wedding dinner. I attempted to mend my friendship with her, but she felt that we cannot be friends.  At a New Year's Eve party (AGAIN) that year, Sally felt alone without me by her side. I spent New Year's alone, walking around the city.  Sally decided to leave the party early, I appeared and naturally declared my love for her. The She argued that the only reason I was there was because  I was lonely, but I listed the many things I realized I loved about her. We kissed like lovers and married three months later, exactly 12 years and three months after our first meeting (I know ridiculous right).  Through the span of our relationship there were several interlaced segments throughout, where fictitious older married couples narrate to a kind of camera- boring stories of how they met. The final couple who narrated their tedious love life on yahoo answers was us.