Lee
Lv 7
Lee asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 10 months ago

Poll: Do you like having Christmas dinner with your relatives ?

Is it fun or awkward? 

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 months ago

Mehhhhhh,  I live in Italy now.........so it's always with the wife's family.....which, aside from the endless food, is always kind of a dull bore.  The two brothers almost never talk.......the 92 year old mother is stone deaf......everyone just sits and eats with the TV on,   watching whatever stupid dreck the brothers want to watch. 

The "family meal" is always nice.....but as far as great conversation,  or being festive................it's a rather dull, boring affair.  They don't like to exchange gifts either.  It's not their thing. And they are too lazy to decorate at all. 

So I am always happy to go back home, to my festively decorated house  with my Christmas tree and all that. 

But the mother in law always lays out a homemade spread though.........so can't complain-  If it were up to my wife...it would be frozen pizzas. 

I am gonna miss that woman when she's gone..........

the mother-in -law, I mean. 

The wife......meh, not so much. 

• 10 months ago

i wish i could but my family is jewish and my friends never invite me

• 10 months ago

My relatives, yes, my wife's relatives, absolutely not.

• 10 months ago

Yes, I do enjoy that.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 10 months ago

I would like it, if only I had relatives...

• Mrs H
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

It's just me and my daughter so yes ☺ 

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

No because all my family are bad people 

• 10 months ago

It's a bit of both.... Depends who I talk to I guess. I hate all the questions though.... Where are you working, where's your boyfriend, where do you live, blah blah blah!!! I've started to lie about my life. Usually I leave feeling depressed, yet I look forward to it every year. 

• 10 months ago

kind of awkward since i dont have to say anything

• polly
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

It's always awkward & unpleasant.

My family takes advantage of Christmas by using it as an opportunity to criticise me & bring up all the faults of my past,(even though my family members aren't angels themselves)

I have a better time at home by myself away from their Christmas drama. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.