Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinancePersonal Finance · 2 months ago

How do you budget your food costs each month?

coupons? only buying low cost items and skipping the expensive stuff?

• Kerri
    Favorite Answer

Coupons and lower priced items are vital if you don’t have a lot to spend on food. You can also sit down and plan out meals for the entire month and make a shopping list based on what you have planned for the month. Find recipes that stretch your food dollars such as stews, soups and casseroles. These dishes can consist of a small amount of meat or chicken and lots of low cost veggies like potatoes and carrots as well as the always cheap rice. Stews, soups and casseroles make a lot of servings and you can freeze the extra and have easy meals later. You can also grow veggies yourself in containers. Potatoes, carrots, cucumbers and tomatoes grow easily in containers with very little green thumb necessary.

I do my list from day to day, I am fortunate to have a good-paying job. 

I spend on food generously. but what I wouldn't spend money on is unnecessary stuff. like expencive mobile, I don't follow the clothing fashion.

in short I don't like to show off.    

Maybe if you stop buying pointless iPhones and going on so many holidays, you'll be able to eat whatever you want.

Source(s): I know what you millenials generations are like.