Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 8 months ago

What can you bring on an army base as a civilian? ?

I’m going to my boyfriend’s OSUT graduation at Fort Leonard Wood and I will be staying at a hotel on base. I was wondering if I could bring my vape with me (not that I’ll be using it there). I was also wondering if they check luggage when you get there. Thank you!

• Mrsjvb

be prepared for anything considering what happened at NAS Pensacola this past week.  

the vape pen will be considered a real cigarette and subject to all regulations.. to wit: zero use indoors anywhere on base and only in the designated smoking areas outside.  

for the ceremony itself:  I suggest only a small purse or none at all.   

• Kerri

No weapons or illegal drugs/paraphernalia are allowed. If your vape is just a vape and not a weed vape then it’s perfectly okay to take with you. Yes you/your vehicle/bags are subject to search. They don’t search every car and person. It’s random unless they see something suspicious (of course this triggers a search). A hotel on base will be like most any hotel. As long as you’re not doing anything illegal or criminal then you don’t have to worry.

Source(s): Military brat
  • Daniel

Are you old enough to legally vape?

If not, then leave it at home.  However, the Army doesn't care about vaping.  They care about people bringing weapons and illegal drugs on post.  That's what they are looking for when they do random checks at the gates.

UPDATE:  Also, as someone else stated, tobacco use isn't allowed in any government building and is restricted to a handful of areas on post.

There may also be a bag check at the entrance to the graduation.