Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 1 month ago

why in social situations I prefer to ask questions about people I am taking to then talking about myself? do I lack confidence and worth?

that is usually how I start a conversation or get one going is by asking questions about their life or talking about things not related to personal issues but life questions relating to people or society

Update:

usually when someone asks about me, I quickly make simplistic answer the suddenly ask them the same thing that they asked about me 

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

I'm genuinely interested in the stories of others, and not reluctant to share my own experience and background. I often follow your pattern, because most people would rather talk about themselves than almost anything else. I've had what I think is a really interesting life, working in a leper colony and for a company probably owned by organized crime, but I don't get to know other people by talking about me.

• martin
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If you ask a person about himself or herself, they will think you're interested in getting to know them.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

That could be it, subconciously. Are you genuinely inquiring of them or just want the focus off of you?

• Murzy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Asking Qs make you a good listener.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.