Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMen's Health · 10 months ago

What could cause chafing right along my backside area?

I don't know how else to word this so I'll just say it. When I wear certain types of underwear to work, I chafe like crazy at my buttcrack. So much that I kind of have to waddle by the second day.

Do certain fabrics cause it?

I've looked up causes and there doesn't seem to be one definite answer but I'm just curious as to what it could be.

Google says it's common if you're overweight but that's not the case with me though I do have a bigger butt than average guys.

It happens when I wear cotton boxer briefs or cotton briefs. But never when it's a looser fitting style boxer brief. But I don't like the looser fit because they get all bunched up.

Boxer briefs usually make a big difference - they are all I wear anymore, but it's often sweat (which contains salt) that causes chafing.

Get gold bond medicated powder (they also make it in a deoderant style stick - or better yet, get the gold bond spray).

Apply it after you take a shower and dry off - it makes a world of difference, both in preventing chafing, and to reduce the pain and discomfort.

If it's really bad (and this is psychotic), I will use rubbing alcohol (91%) on the chafed areas.  When you stop hallucinating from the pain (and it is EFFING painful) you get kind of a numbing feeling, and no worries about infection.  I don't recommend it to most people, but I've got a really high tolerance to pain.

• ron h

even the youngest animals stop doing whatever causes them pain. 

likely the wash detergent

• Tavy

Cotton is a stiff material, change them to polyester.