I bought a transmission that came out of a 2WD truck. Can I bolt it up to a transfer case in my 4WD truck?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Scott
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

With the pertinent information you left out of your question, I'm surprised you got this far. Can't answer this due to the lack of details.

• 2 months ago

If you can ask, YOU can't properly install an EXACT replacement.

• zipper
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Most likely not the bolt arrangement should be different, plus it is not made to work with a transfer case unit, that adds a lot of extra pressure on the unit.

• 2 months ago

You bought the 2WD trannie and THEN thought you'd ask this question?

Oh dear. Just too funny. Now you're out by the cost of the 2WD trannie you bought.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

If you have to ask...NO

• bo
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

No. the output shafts need to be changed over. for that to be done both transmissions need to be taken apart for this to be done since the shafts have snap rings that hold them in place not only that but the shafts are a different length so the t-case will not fit on a 2wd transmission

Source(s): transmission man
    • STEVEN F
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

You VASTLY understate what would have to be done. Building a new transmission from spare parts would actually be LESS work.

• Rick
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

the tail shaft is different, but you can probably swap-it-out .....................

• Carson
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

All else being the same, yes.

• STEVEN F
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

NOTHING else is the same.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.