Is it embarrassing to have a baby at 30? tips to avoid embarrassment for being first time mother?

thanks a lot.

I didn't chose or try not to be pregnant so long, I just didn't find the right guy before. by default. and then with baby so late..

Update:

thanks so much all

and yes i am the oldest mother .. :/ ill get over it i guess.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago
    Favourite answer

That really isn't that "late".  Considering that more women are waiting longer to establish education and career before pursuing family interests, you are basically right on track for the current attitude towards starting a family.  You might be a little older than the current average age of a first time mom, but you are certainly not at the extreme end of "old" for "first time".

Never feel embarrassed.  Everyone has a first time for everything.  Age shouldn't be a factor in something as huge as a first child when the age of the woman is perfectly acceptable for having a child.  (a first child at age 14 would be a huge deal since that is not typically an "acceptable" age.)  The age of 30 is perfectly fine for a first child.

Now - since you are a little older than many first time moms - don't be afraid to ask questions or seek help if you have uncertainties about anything.  Use whatever resources  you have available - such as your parents or your partners parents.  Don't let anyone make you feel like you should know something just because of your age.  Age alone does not give wisdom.  Experience and seeking out answers gives wisdom.  If you don't feel comfortable asking people - then find GOOD internet sources to get your questions answered.  If the advice on the internet sounds extreme or radical, then find better sources.  (for example, be careful on sources for researching vaccinations.  That is a hot topic with a lot of BAD advice floating around.)  

Never feel embarrassed for deciding to plan a family in the RIGHT order.  A stable relationship with someone you WANT to have children with is extremely important.  

Good luck and Congrats on your family!

• 5 months ago

My neighbor had a baby at 45!  She was not trying and thought she was way too old to get pregnant.  But wow!  She and her husband are both M.D.’s, so I know that kid is getting a Porsche for her 16th birthday.  

• Edna
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Why do you think it would be "embarrassing" to have a baby at age 30?  Around age 30 is the age at which a large percentage of women today are choosing to have their first baby. 

• sarah
    Lv 5
    8 months ago

I don't think it's embarrassing at all. That's actually the age that I always thought I would have my first...but of course, when we plan, God laughs, and a "whoopsie" at 26 led me to now be a 28-year-old with a baby girl who just turned seven months. But I digress... :)

I actually have a friend who was almost 40 before she had her first baby. I don't remember anyone thinking it was weird; they were too busy being excited for her. Personally, I think you were super smart to wait. Better to have all your ducks in a row than to just jump the gun and have a baby because you're concerned about other people's opinions.

Congrats on your pregnancy!! :)

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 8 months ago

I had my second child at 31.

• 8 months ago

30 is not late.

• Suzy Q
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

That's not late, that's pretty average. 

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

No.  It's a fairly average age.  Slightly young, but not embarrassingly so.

• MissA
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Yeah, you're basically the oldest mother on record.

• 8 months ago

Not embarrassing at all.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.