Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsZoology · 1 month ago

what country has the most spiders?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Australia, of course.

• 1 month ago

Asia seems to corner the market on spiders, a lot of tropic and subtropic climate is ideal for them.

Near half the known jumping spiders can be found there.

Country wide populations can be vague, spiders live everywhere but the continent of Antarctica, and regions globally can have very dense populations.

Funny, where I live now, save for my spider bush with a couple hundred spiders, I haven't seen a single one in like 2 years. Last place I lived, I ad a typical population of various spiders.

Sort of miss my little friends.

Now what is with Australia? albeit they have 95 species of huntsman, US only 7, doesn't mean they have tons of spiders everywhere. Go to Florida, you can find 10 in about 2 minutes flat early autumn.

> been to Australia, 2 months,,2 spiders, a cellar spider and black house spider. Just the wrong time of year for spider hunting.

• ...Show all comments
    • daniel g
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

@ Tyler Well, see, that is where you fail, I am not Aussie but am a degreed arachnologist.

• Rick
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Poisonous ones - Australia ........................................ 

• daniel g
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

US has more species of medically significant spiders than Australia.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I dunno, but stats say that in my country there is always a spider within 30 inches of you.

@Daniel G. just a bit of humor from my biology teacher to make fun of a student who was afraid of spiders. There are no dangerous spiders native to this country, so a bit of fun would be permissible.

Re: Daniel, I'm in Northwestern Europe, that much I will say. BTW, dangerous spiders do occur, esp. around imported cars and tires from the US but they are still very rare.

• ...Show all comments
    • daniel g
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Yea, we get those south American wandering spiders hitching rides on rare occasion, For all our widows, no doubt they get around too and love tires to hide in. Had a widow live in my bathroom a season, named her Wanda, sort of a pet.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

probably arfica or something.

• 1 month ago

Probably Australia. . 

• 1 month ago

Austrália????????

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.