How Long Will This Car Last Me?

2014 Toyota Venza is the car I'm looking at

The dealer is friends with my mom and I'm getting a really good deal on it but the vehicle has 172,000 Kilometers.

The term will be 5 year payments but how long will this vehicle last me without major issues?

Keep looking.  Too many kilometers too long of a loan.

Good car, higher Ks but you cant afford it. Never a borrower or a lender be

• Tyler1 month agoReport

Why?

Till

You crash it bro 

Do not finance a car for 5 years. Its got a ton of miles and may not last the note without expensive repairs.

• Tyler1 month agoReport

Why?

• Bort

This is a good place to evaluate this kind of thing for any car:

https://www.kbb.com/toyota/venza/2014/

Me personally, especially if it's not the V6 version, I would say no thank you and get something different.

Who knows. Every used car is different in terms of future reliability, even those that are exactly the same. You pay your money and you take your chances.

• k w

I still got a 2002 Accord since then, with 165,000 on it still running fine....Toyotas are pretty decent cars, and you should easily get your moneys worth......

172000KM/107000m with a 5 year loan?

Your car is going to be 10 years old at the end of the loan term...

You are going to likely going to be upside down for almost the entire loan term.

• A Hunch

Don't buy a car until you educate yourself.  Upside down = the car is worth less than what you owe on it. 

• CB

There are no charts or spreadsheets for vehicle longevity by kilometers, way too many factors, how it was maintained, driven, etc all big factors. Personally I wouldn't finance an orphan model car for 5 years with that many KM. 

That's a lot of mileage for five years of payments!  The used car I financed for five years only had 22,000 miles/35,000 km on it.  I wouldn't buy it.