How Long Will This Car Last Me?

2014 Toyota Venza is the car I'm looking at

The dealer is friends with my mom and I'm getting a really good deal on it but the vehicle has 172,000 Kilometers.

The term will be 5 year payments but how long will this vehicle last me without major issues?

Attachment image

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Keep looking.  Too many kilometers too long of a loan.

• 1 month ago

Good car, higher Ks but you cant afford it. Never a borrower or a lender be

• Tyler1 month agoReport

Why?

• 1 month ago

Till

You crash it bro 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Do not finance a car for 5 years. Its got a ton of miles and may not last the note without expensive repairs.

• Tyler1 month agoReport

Why?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Bort
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

This is a good place to evaluate this kind of thing for any car:

https://www.kbb.com/toyota/venza/2014/

Me personally, especially if it's not the V6 version, I would say no thank you and get something different.

• 1 month ago

Who knows. Every used car is different in terms of future reliability, even those that are exactly the same. You pay your money and you take your chances.

• k w
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I still got a 2002 Accord since then, with 165,000 on it still running fine....Toyotas are pretty decent cars, and you should easily get your moneys worth......

• 1 month ago

172000KM/107000m with a 5 year loan?

Your car is going to be 10 years old at the end of the loan term...

You are going to likely going to be upside down for almost the entire loan term.

• ...Show all comments
    • A Hunch
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Don't buy a car until you educate yourself.  Upside down = the car is worth less than what you owe on it. 

• CB
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

There are no charts or spreadsheets for vehicle longevity by kilometers, way too many factors, how it was maintained, driven, etc all big factors. Personally I wouldn't finance an orphan model car for 5 years with that many KM. 

• 1 month ago

That's a lot of mileage for five years of payments!  The used car I financed for five years only had 22,000 miles/35,000 km on it.  I wouldn't buy it. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.