How come I can't find any pants size with a length shorter than 29 and where can I can a pants size like 36x26?

Im a short guy and all the stores only have really long jeans. I need a pair of black pants for work starting this Monday but I can't find any pants 36x26!

The width isn't the problem. Its the length!

You are gonna have to find someone who can hem them.  If you order a 29 length and someone folds the hem over they will be a 27 which should work.  You can also buy fabric tape to hold a hem without having to hire someone to sew it.  I know it has to be problematic to find pants in your length, but you may need to write different companies to extend their options.  Good luck.

Try shopping in the "boys" or "teens" department. I did that for years, until my waist got too big. You may have to look in the "husky boys" section.