Faith asked in Science & MathematicsMedicine · 2 months ago

I have 38.3c temperature every evening for the past 11 days.I’ve been taking paracetamol but it just keeps coming back. Dr says it’s nothing?

A body temperature of more than 38.3 degrees Celsius (101 degrees Fahrenheit) may be considered as having a fever.  But I would get a 2nd or 3rd opinion. Have they done a full blood and urine workup?? And I would NOT take paracetamol regularly, it can cause kidney problems (I personally know - 2 years off work). Never more than 1000mg at a time, and no more than 3000mg per day are the new recommendations.

A normal body temperature may be affected by different things, such as time of day or weather. A women's body temperatures may also be affected by her monthly period. The normal oral (mouth) temperature for an adult is 37 degrees Celsius (98.6 degrees Fahrenheit).

Fever is usually caused by an infection due to germs, such as bacteria, viruses, or fungi. It may also be a result of an allergy, heat exposure, cancer or other diseases, or occur after using certain medicines.

The cause of a fever may also be unknown and may be called fever of unknown origin.

That's not 'nothing'. Ideally you need to see a different doctor and ask for some blood tests to be carried out to determine a cause of your high temperature. It could simply be a viral infection but could just as easily be a sign of a hidden infection or even cancer. 

• .

Trust the doctor, he knows best.

• Faith2 months agoReport

:)