Windows 10 Freezing?

Whenever I leave my computer for an hour or more, I come back and click to get back into my email but it is frozen and won't move until I Ctrl Alt Delete then it's fine.  Any solutions for this problem?  I have a Dell 32bit using Windows 10

• Enigma

How much software do you have running at the same time? Disable something (but not your AV or firewall). When was the last time you cleaned the hard drive and did a defrag? You could install the free version of Wise Care 365 to do that and it should free up your OS. Try that first.

Untick sleep mode in your power settings. You obviously have your display to stay on.

Go into your control panel find power options click on your power options first off set the settings what the power button does make sure it's set to turn off not to sleep next set your computer to never go to sleep next set it so the display turns itself off in 30 minutes. And apply those settings I'll tell you what has happened I've seen this so many times the computer turns off your hard drive to save power. And in a lot of computers that causes it crash it freezes up and it won't start up for nothing and you have to go into your task manager and restart your computer I found a few set the power settings like I just told you it cures the problem

• Dave

32 bit Win 10?!? Why? Did you upgrade an old XP or Vista machine to Win10? 

• Bill-M

Take a look at your start up programs.  One of them is most likely causing the problem.

Open Task Manager and go to the Start Up Tab.   This is a list of all the programs that start with Windows starts.   Disable all of them and see if the problem continues.

If it does not continue then one of the programs you disabled is causing the problems.

One more thing =  Are you using a Third Party Anti Virus program on Windows??

This is one more thing that causes problems.   Windows 10 does not like other Anti Virus programs except for Malwarebytes.    Windows 10 has it's own anti virus program called Windows Security.  don't need any thing else.

(except Malwarebytes).

Additional information:  Got a thumbs down from Dave who is WRONG.

• Dave

Baloney. Win10 has no problem with any other commercial grade AV's.

reinstall.............